English interview

1. How long have you been learning English for approximately? I’ve been learning English for about four years now.

2. Do you know any good vegetarian restaurants in the city centre?  Yes, “Green Meadows” near the Palace Theatre on Oxford Road is great, and really good value too.

3. What do you have for breakfast normally?  I usually have porridge with milk, some fruit and orange juice.  Sometimes I have a coffee too.
4. Do you plan on going to university after your exams?  Definitely at some point, but I think I’m going to do a gap year first.

5. What’s the capital city of Scotland? Is it Glasgow, Aberdeen, Dundee or Edinburgh? It’s Edinburgh, though a lot of people think it’s Glasgow actually.

6. What are you all doing tonight?  We’re going for a walk along the beach first, then going into town for dinner.

7. When is your sister’s birthday?  Her birthday’s on the first of March.

8. Where did you go on holiday last year?  I went to Barcelona with my friends for a week, and then I spent some time camping with my family in Wales.

9. Do you think homework is important?  Yes, because it does give you more opportunity to revise the things you’ve learnt at school, but sometimes there’s just too much, and it’s hard to concentrate when you’re tired.

10. What are your plans for the weekend?  I’ve got a Saturday job at the book shop in town, so I’ll be there all day. We’re going hiking in the Lake District on Sunday.

11. Have you ever been to Canada?  I’ve been to Vancouver, and it’s absolutely beautiful. I’d love to go again, and also visit the East Coast.

12. Do you like going to the cinema?  I used to go all the time before the pandemic, and I’ve really missed it. I’m looking forward to going again soon.

13. What time does school normally finish? Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays it finishes at 3.25pm. Tuesdays and Fridays at 2.45pm.

14. What kinds of sports do you like?  I play tennis and go swimming every week, but I don’t like running very much! I like going to football matches too, but I don’t actually play.

15. What are your career plans?  At the moment, I’m not too sure. It depends on how well I do in my exams!